Sunday, November 6, 2011

Put the Seat Down!

Put the Seat Down!:


Put the Seat DownWhoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.
--Proverbs 18:22


This is a book for men who are about to get married (or are newly married) who want to make their first years great. When I learned about Put the Seat Down I had to get a copy for my brother. My brother, Daniel, and I are nine years apart so I was not around for much of his "dating years". Apparently, according to my mom, I didn't miss much because Daniel chose to devote his younger life to school, work, and saving. Daniel always figured girls would come later. He was right, and now Daniel has met his soulmate Lauren!

Daniel has never been much of a spiritual guy. Our family really never went to Church on Sundays or read from the Bible. We only ever prayed on special Holidays when we had company over. Our parents always encouraged Daniel and I to attend Church with friends, go to Temple with the neighbors, and answer the door for Bible peddlers at the door. That was all we really got for spiritual guidance. All that changed for Daniel when he met Lauren. Church is a very important part of her life and so it has become a very important part of my brother's as well. I think Daniel attends Church three times a week now and even volunteers at the Church in his free time. Put the Seat Down is filled with sound Biblical support and takes a guy through all the trickiest stuff in a relationship. Seeing as how Daniel really had no experience with both GOD and relationships growing up it is as if this book was written just for him.

Put the Seat Down addresses issues both tame and taboo without being condescending and with a hint of humor. It can be really hard to talk about subjects like sex, money, in-laws, or even decorating when you are still in the "Honeymoon Phase" of a relationship. Cartoons, and solid, practical advice on every subject makes this a fun and easy read with lots of insight and ideas. Personally I don't know how anyone makes it through the first year of Marriage without a book like this.

I love my brother Daniel very much and I feel just as lucky as he does that he's found a great girl like Lauren that he can spend forever with. Our whole family can welcome Lauren with open arms, and be proud to do so which makes us Blessed as well. I feel it is my responsibility as her new sister-in-law to do all I can to prepare Daniel to be the Husband she deserves and that is why I shared Put the Seat Down with Daniel. I hope if you have someone in your life whom you love enough to want to succeed in marriage that you will share this book with them as well.


Congratulations Daniel & Lauren!

Put the Seat Down
by Jess MacCallum
...and...
He’s not a Mind Reader
by Brenda Garrison


Can you think of anything you’re LESS prepared for than getting married? But, hey, that never stopped any of us. Marriage is a very practical arrangement with some very practical considerations that frequently get overlooked. I can’t remember a theological debate ever ending with me sleeping on the sofa, but I can remember a lot of dumb arguments that put me there. Consider this book a survivor’s guide to the practical things that can disrupt the first year of marriage the most. Also check out the companion book by Brenda Garrison! “He’s not a Mind Reader” shares with women the things they need to know to get a great start in married life.




Tags: , Jess MacCallum, He’s not a Mind Reader, Brenda Garrison, , Kindle Edition, Electronic Book, , Bible, Bible Verse, Bible Verses, Biblical Verses, Verses, , humor, genre, fun, funny, silly, , wedding gift, wedding guide, wedding how to, groom wedding gift, grooms wedding gift, wedding gift for the groom, , Unique Gift, Christmas Gift, Gift for a Man, Gift for a Guy, Guy Gift, Man Gift, Batchlor Gift, Batchlor Party, , Guide to Marriage, How to Stay Married, , How to Survive Marriage, First Year of Marriage, 1st Year of Marriage, 1st yr of Marriage, Successful Marriage, Old Testament, New Testament, Proverbs, Bible Quotes, , Christian, Christianity, Mormon, Mormonism, Catholic, Catholicism, Jewish, Judaism, Scientology, Zion, Zionism, , Beck, 912, 912er, 912ers, 912 movement, Acts of Kindness, Random Act of Kindness, 828, Rally to Restore Honor, , Restore Honor, Faith, Faithful, Honor, Relationship, Relationships, Together, Forever, Together Forever, Love, True Love


I want to let you know that Put the Seat Down sent me a REAL BOOK not an eBook because they are incredibly awesome and want to provide YOU with a tangible gift to give when you buy their product, not just an impersonal electronic download. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment